Wednesday, October 15, 2008

mumbled to the core.


i has a shiny new business card
So I failed pretty triumphantly towards the end of the NYFF, but in my defense there were heaps of Jewish holidays in there, and I went with Clyde to one of the Oshima movies (Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence) so I think I did my duty to cover a variety of festival related events. Apparently I missed all of the good, sexy Oshima movies, but seeing David Bowie punk a japanese general in guyliner with cheekbones that just wouldn't quit was worth the price of admission.
That, and the cameo from the most irritating character in my favorite-ever-film (The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover) as yet another bizarro, unexplained boy soprano character...
Whoops. According to IMDB, this is false. But how many platinum blonde, hunchbacked English lads were there to choose from in the early 80's?
Apparently, a lion's share.