Thursday, May 15, 2008

RT, IYSSSS, etc.


So --
My academic career in film is virtually completed. The friends/family screening of the senior projects was yesterday and was relatively well attended. Of course I arrived late and loudly, with Nancy and Randi in tow, but we made it through the two and a half hours without too much fidgeting.
I was definitely more preoccupied during this screening than during the academic review, probably because the film material wasn't as fresh/exciting as it had been that night, partially out of the inflated self worth that led me to get very huffy about who was or was not in attendance. It may just be a bruise to my insatiable self serving tendencies, but I'm a wee bit heartbroken that certain people didn't make the effort to show up last night... the film's fifteen minutes long and it is my whole heart and year's dedication.
I've been having a lot of issues with overinflated ideas of respect/disrespect lately, which I think might just be a coping mechanism I've developed to ease the transition from school to post school. But I think I've used the word disrespectful more times in the past three days than in the past three years. Why do I feel so self important that a different prioritizing can be perceived as an aggregious personal affront?

Because I'm tired, hungover (yay ryan's 21st!) and procrastinating on my final academic paper, EVER.
yeesh.

But yeah, it is what it is, and the films were absolutely incredible last night. i feel honored to be a part of the program.

No comments: