Sunday, November 23, 2008

stars and cars and barmen



There's been something sort of magical about the crappy built in flash on my canon rebel recently-- maybe november's making me want details glossed over into a blinding pale, maybe I like catching people's squinty faces when I hit them with it in the dark bar.

I think my aesthetic sense is disintegrating. This is an important factor to weigh, considering the dslr is now five years old, has already had one serious emergency room visit, and I have "graduation presents"/fourth quarter opportunities to potentially upgrade/accessorize for the camera. the old girl's pretty beat up for a five year old, and I find that the photos I've been taking digitally are vastly inferior to film shots.

Maybe instead of buying myself a better flash/nicer prime lens to replace the mini-zoom (training wheel lens) that came with the camera, I should spend $$ on a photo class and actually learn how to move beyond mediocre.

Regardless, I love this girl and her broken glass (first of two, maybe three, that fell victim to the high spirits of last night.)

No comments: